Recurring Meeting Wont Disappear Despite Cancellations

I'm having trouble deleting a recurring meeting in Outlook. Despite canceling the series multiple times, it keeps reappearing. I've tried changing the end date, but it's not working since the series actually ended in March. Can anyone help me remove this persistent meeting? I've never had this issue with other meetings or calendars before. Thanks!

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that you’re stuck with this tricky recurring meeting in Outlook. I’ve had my share of similar issues, so I’m here to help you tackle it.

First, let’s cover the basics to ensure you’ve tried everything.

1. Double-check that you’ve canceled the entire series: When you’re in Outlook, open the recurring meeting, then right-click on it and select Cancel Meeting. Make sure to select Cancel Entire Series from the dropdown.

2. Confirm that you’ve gotten rid of all instances: After canceling the series, check your calendar to ensure all instances are gone. You can do this by switching to List view and filtering by the meeting’s title.

Now, if you’ve done that and the meeting is still haunting you, here are some additional steps to take:

1. Check for lingering notifications: It’s possible that someone else in the meeting is still receiving notifications, which might be triggering the meeting to reappear on your calendar. Reach out to the attendees and ask them to dismiss any notifications.

2. Inspect your calendar permissions: If someone else has permission to edit your calendar, they might be inadvertently re-adding the meeting. Review your calendar permissions by going to File > Calendar Permissions. Remove any unnecessary permissions or adjust them accordingly.

3. Clear your calendar cache: Sometimes, a simple cache clear can work wonders. Close Outlook, then open the Command Prompt as an administrator. Run the following command: outlook.exe /cleanviews.

4. Re-creating the meeting (as a last resort): If all else fails, you might need to re-create the meeting with the same details, then cancel it again. This could help Outlook recognize that it’s truly gone.

If none of these steps work, there might be a deeper issue with your Outlook setup. You can try resetting your Outlook profile or seeking assistance from your organization’s IT department.

Hope these steps help you banish that pesky recurring meeting for good