Realtek 8822BE Wi-Fi adapter keeps disconnecting, requires laptop restart

My wireless LAN adapter, a Realtek 8822BE, keeps shutting down unexpectedly and I need to restart my laptop to get it working again. Can someone assist me with this issue?

Hey there, I’m happy to help you troubleshoot your Wi-Fi adapter issue.

First, let’s try some basic troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue without diving too deep:

1. Update your Wi-Fi adapter drivers: Outdated drivers can cause connectivity issues. You can update your Realtek 8822BE drivers from the Realtek website or through the Device Manager. Here’s how:
    • Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand the Network Adapters section.
    • Right-click on Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCIe Adapter and select Update driver.
    • Follow the prompts to search for and install any available updates.
  2. Disable and re-enable the Wi-Fi adapter: Sometimes, a simple disable and re-enable can resolve connectivity issues. To do this:
    • Go back to the Device Manager (step 1).
    • Right-click on Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCIe Adapter and select Disable device.
    • Wait for 10-15 seconds.
    • Enable the device again.
  3. Check for conflicts with other devices: Other devices might be interfering with your Wi-Fi adapter. Try disabling any unnecessary devices or switching them off to see if it resolves the issue.

If these steps don’t help, let’s dive deeper into some advanced troubleshooting:

Power Management settings: Your Wi-Fi adapter might be shutting down to conserve power. To adjust the Power Management settings:

1. Go to the Device Manager (step 1).
  2. Expand the Network Adapters section.
  3. Right-click on Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCIe Adapter and select Properties.
  4. In the Properties window, click on the Power Management tab.
  5. Uncheck the box that says “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.

Wi-Fi adapter settings: Let’s check if the Wi-Fi adapter is set to turn off in certain situations. To do this:

1. Click on the Start button and search for “Wi-Fi settings”.
  2. Click on Wi-Fi settings to open the Wi-Fi section.
  3. Click on Change adapter options.
  4. Right-click on your Wi-Fi adapter and select Properties.
  5. In the Properties window, click on the Configure button next to the Wi-Fi adapter.
  6. In the Advanced tab, look for settings like “Power Save” or “Low Power Mode” and set them to “Disabled” or “Off”.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you might want to consider reinstalling your Wi-Fi adapter drivers or seeking further assistance from the manufacturer or a Windows 11 forum.

Let me know if any of these steps help, or if you need further guidance