Radeon Graphics Not Working

When I launch a game on my PC, the Playrix screen appears, but then the screen turns black and nothing happens. If I close the game, a popup appears saying "AMD Radeon not responding". How can I fix this issue?

I'm not sure if I've selected the right product and topic, but I've tried my best.

Vote Up!
Hey there!

Sorry to hear about the trouble you’re experiencing with your Radeon graphics. It’s frustrating when your PC doesn’t cooperate. Let’s dive into some possible solutions to get you back to gaming smoothly!

Here are a few things you can try:

1. Update Your Drivers:
    Ensure that your AMD Radeon drivers are up-to-date. Go to the AMD website and download the latest drivers for your graphics card model. Follow these steps:

1. Visit www.amd.com/en/support.
    2. Click on the “DOWNLOAD NOW” button under the “MANUAL DRIVER SEARCH” section.
    3. Select your graphics card model and the correct operating system.
    4. Download and install the driver package.
  2. Disable and Re-enable Graphics Card:
    Sometimes, simply disabling and re-enabling your graphics card can solve the issue. Follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    2. In the Device Manager, expand the “Display Adapters” section.
    3. Right-click on your AMD Radeon graphics card and select “Disable Device.”
    4. Wait for a few seconds.
    5. Right-click on the disabled graphics card and select “Enable Device.”
  3. Inspect Power Settings:
    Make sure your power settings aren’t causing the issue. Here’s what to do:

1. Go to Start > Settings > System > Power & sleep.
    2. Select “Power options” from the right side panel.
    3. Click on “Choose what the power buttons do.”
    4. Click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable.”
    5. Ensure that “Turn on fast startup (recommended)” is unchecked.
  4. Disable Any Overclocking:
    If you’ve overclocked your graphics card, try reverting to the default settings. Overclocking can sometimes cause instability.

5. System File Checker:
    Run the System File Checker (SFC) tool to identify any corrupted system files that might be contributing to the issue. Here’s how:

1. Press the Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. Run the following command: sfc /scannow

If none of these steps resolve the issue, consider reinstalling your graphics card drivers or seeking further assistance from AMD support or forums.

Good luck, and I hope this helps you get back to gaming without any issues