Presenter and Attendees Have Different Start Times in MS Teams Webinar

I'm setting up webinars for internal staff, but I've hit a snag. Previously, I could set different start times for organizers/presenters and attendees by modifying the registration form. This allowed presenters to join before attendees. However, this option is no longer available in webinars.

I noticed that I can still do this by creating a Teams Meeting and selecting Require Registration. But, there's a warning that Support for meetings with registration ends on Sunday, June 30, 2024. Since my next webinar is in July, I don't want to risk using this feature only to find it doesn't work after June 30.

Will the ability to set different start times be added back to Teams Webinar registration forms?

Hey there!

Yeah, the recent changes to Teams can be a real pain when you’re trying to set up webinars. It’s frustrating that the option to set different start times for presenters and attendees is no longer available directly in the webinar registration form.

You’re correct that you can still use the “Require Registration” feature in Teams Meetings as a workaround. However, given the warning about support ending on June 30, 2024, it’s not a reliable long-term solution.

As for your question about whether the ability to set different start times will be added back to Teams Webinar registration forms, I couldn’t find any official announcements from Microsoft confirming this. But, since you’re looking for an alternative, here’s a possible solution you can explore:

1. Use a separate meeting link for presenters: Create a separate Teams Meeting link for your presenters, and set the start time accordingly. This will allow them to join early, prepare, and get settled before the attendees join.

2. Use a waiting room or lobby: You can configure a waiting room or lobby for your attendees. This way, they’ll be held in a virtual “holding area” until the presenter is ready to start the webinar. This feature is available in Teams Meetings, so you can still use it for your webinar.

3. Communicate with your attendees: Clearly communicate the start time and any other relevant details to your attendees through email or other channels. This will help manage their expectations and avoid any confusion.

While these solutions might not be as seamless as the original feature, they should help you achieve your goal. Keep an eye on Microsoft’s updates and announcements, and hopefully, they’ll reintroduce or provide an alternative solution soon.

Let me know if you have any further questions or need more assistance