Photos App Issues After Installing Updates KB5039212, KB5037771, KB5037591

Hello everyone

I feel like after the updates mentioned in the title, I can no longer

stabilize the Photo app window on my Windows 11, 64-bit Family edition, when it's enlarged.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thank you very much

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with the Photos app after those updates. The annoyingly unstable window problem can be pretty frustrating.

Before we dive into fixes, have you tried the most obvious step: simply restarting your system after the updates? Sometimes, that alone can resolve issues like this.

Here are some other steps you might want to take:

1. Uninstall and reinstall the Photos app: You can do this by going to Settings → Apps → Optional features, then find Photos and click on the uninstall button. Wait a few seconds, then click on the ‘Add a feature’ button and reinstall Photos.

2. Check for any conflicts with other installed apps: Other apps might be interfering with the Photos app. Try closing all other apps and see if the Photos app works normally. If it does, then you might need to check for conflicts and consider closing or uninstalling those problematic apps.

3. Run the Windows Store app troubleshooter: This can sometimes fix issues with apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store, including Photos. You can find this troubleshooter in Settings → Update & Security → Troubleshoot → Additional troubleshooters.

4. System File Checker (SFC) and DISM scans: These scans help repair any system file corruptions that might be causing the issue:

• Press Win + S to open the search bar, type cmd, right-click on the Command Prompt result, and select Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
    • Once that’s done, type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and press Enter.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you might want to consider resetting Windows 11 to its default state, which could be a last resort.

Let me know if you need further assistance or if any of these steps help solve the problem. Good luck