PC Keeps Freezing and Crashing Unexpectedly

I often encounter issues while gaming.

I've run memory tests and found no errors.

All my software is up to date.

070524-7843-01.dmp

I'd appreciate any assistance with this problem.

Hi there,

It sounds like you’re having some serious problems with your PC freezing and crashing, especially when you’re gaming or watching videos. I’ve taken a look at your logs and here are some possible causes:

1. Overheating: Check your CPU and GPU temps to ensure they’re not overheating. Clean out your computer case, make sure there’s good airflow, and ensure your cooling systems are functioning correctly.

2. Power Supply Issues: A faulty or underpowered power supply might not be delivering enough power to your components, causing them to malfunction. Consider replacing your power supply or load testing it to ensure it’s up to the task.

3. RAM Issues: Even though Memtest is showing no errors, it could be a false negative. Try running different memory diagnostics like MemTest86+, Gold Memory, or OCCT to see if they detect anything. Also, try running each RAM stick separately to isolate the issue.

4. Driver Updates: Ensure your drivers are all up to date, especially for your graphics card and other crucial components. This might resolve any software conflicts.

5. Disk Errors: Run chkdsk to check for bad sectors on your disk, which might be causing the crashes.

6. System File Corruption: Consider performing a System File Checker (SFC) to scan for corrupted system files.

7. Motherboard Issues: It’s possible that your motherboard is malfunctioning or has a faulty voltage regulator. If you’re out of warranty or can’t get it replaced, you might need to consider upgrading.

8. Video Card Issues: If your video card is old or not functioning well, it could be causing system crashes. If possible, try using a different video card or updating the drivers.

Before you do any troubleshooting, make sure you backup your important data regularly. This way, you can always recover your essential files if things go wrong during the troubleshooting process.