PC Frozen on Blue Screen, Wont Boot into Windows

My PC was functioning normally last night, but when I turned it on this morning, it displayed a blue screen saying it needs repair. Despite trying various fixes, it boots straight to this screen and doesn't show the Windows loading screen. Additionally, my external devices like the keyboard and mouse aren't working. What's causing this issue? Why can't I access safe mode, and why does my PC skip the Windows loading screen and go directly to the blue screen?

Hey there, sorry to hear your PC is acting up. That blue screen of death (BSOD) can be frustrating. I’m here to help you troubleshoot and possibly fix the issue.

First, let’s tackle the fact that your external devices like the keyboard and mouse aren’t working. This suggests that the problem might be related to a hardware issue or a faulty driver. Since you can’t access safe mode, we’ll have to try some other approaches.

Here are some steps to help you troubleshoot the issue:

1. Try a hard reset: Unplug the power cord from the back of your PC, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to discharge any residual power, and then plug the power cord back in. This might help reset any faulty hardware components.
  2. Check for loose connections: Ensure all internal components like the RAM, GPU (if you have one), and CPU are securely connected to the motherboard.
  3. Boot in minimal configuration: Unplug all external devices except the keyboard, mouse, and monitor. If your PC boots successfully, it could indicate a problem with one of the other devices.
  4. Run a memory test: You can use a tool like MemTest86+ to run a memory test. This might help identify if there’s a problem with your RAM.
  5. Try a system restore: If you’ve made recent changes to your system, try restoring to a previous point when everything was working correctly. You can do this by booting from a Windows installation media and selecting the “Troubleshoot” option.

Now, let’s address the fact that your PC is skipping the Windows loading screen and going directly to the blue screen. This could be due to a corrupted system file, a faulty driver, or a hardware issue.

Here are some additional steps to help you troubleshoot the issue:

1. Run a SFC scan: You’ll need to boot from a Windows installation media and select the “Troubleshoot” option. Then, open the Command Prompt and run the following command: sfc /scannow. This will scan and repair any corrupted system files.
  2. Run a DISM scan: Similar to the SFC scan, run the following command in the Command Prompt: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. This will help repair any corrupted system components.
  3. Check for BIOS updates: Outdated BIOS can cause issues like this. Check your motherboard manufacturer’s website for any BIOS updates and apply them if necessary.

If none of these steps help, it’s possible that there’s a more serious hardware issue, such as a faulty motherboard or CPU. In that case, you might need to seek professional help from a PC repair technician or the manufacturer’s support team.

Keep me updated on your progress, and we can further troubleshoot the issue if needed