PC Freezing and Crashing: Need Help Troubleshooting

I'm having an issue with Windows 11. When I start my computer, everything functions as expected. However, when I take a screenshot, I'm unable to access the Start menu, Settings, and Volume controls. Despite trying various solutions, the problem persists. Can anyone assist me in resolving this issue?

Sounds like you’re experiencing some frustrating issues with Windows 11. Since you mentioned that problems arise when taking a screenshot, I’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide to help troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue.

Before we dive in, I want to emphasize that there could be multiple causes, but we’ll cover some common solutions.

Step 1: Basic Troubleshooting

1. System File Check (SFC):

• Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
    • This will check for any corrupted system files and repair them.
  2. Check Disk (CHKDSK):

• Type chkdsk c: /f /r and press Enter (replace c: with your main drive).
    • This will check your hard drive for errors and bad sectors.
  3. DISM Restore Health:

• Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.
    • This command helps to repair any issues with Windows image files.

Step 2: Configuring Windows Settings

1. Disable Real-Time Protection:

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Disable real-time protection.
    • Try taking a screenshot again and see if the issue persists.
  2. Adjust Display Settings:

• Right-click on the Start menu and go to Settings.
    • Click on System and then Display.
    • Try reducing the display resolution to see if it resolves the issue.

Additional Tips

• Clean Boot: Perform a clean boot to disable all unnecessary services and isolate the issue.
  • Check for BIOS Updates: Ensure your BIOS is updated, as outdated BIOS can cause conflicts.
  • GPU Driver Rollback: If you recently updated your GPU drivers, try reverting to a previous version.
  • Monitor System Temperatures: Check if your system temperatures are within normal ranges.

If you’ve tried these steps and still face issues, feel free to provide more details about your system specs and specific errors, and I’ll do my best to assist you further. Good luck