PC Freezes/Crashes 3-4 Minutes After Startup

My computer keeps crashing after it’s been on for 3-4 minutes. Even when I try to restore the system to a previous point, it crashes. I’m worried it will crash if I do a factory reset. Can anyone help?

The problem started when I moved a game from my C drive to my D drive because my C drive was running low on space. When I launched the game, my computer froze and then showed a blue screen. After restarting, it worked fine for 3-4 minutes before crashing again. This keeps happening.

Here’s my computer’s specs:

cpu: intel core i5-10400f
graphic: intel graphic hd 4600
ram: 8gb

(I’m not very familiar with computers, so I listed what I know.)

Hey there, sorry to hear your PC is crashing on you. I’ll do my best to help you troubleshoot the issue.

First, let’s start with the basics. The fact that it crashes 3-4 minutes after startup and you’ve recently moved a game from your C drive to your D drive suggests that it might be related to disk issues or conflicts. Here are some steps to help you identify and potentially fix the problem:

1. Check for disk errors:
    Open File Explorer, right-click on your C drive, and select Properties. In the Tools tab, click on the “Check” button under Error checking. Follow the prompts to scan and fix any errors.

2. Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan:
    Press the Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin). Type sfc /scannow and press Enter. This will scan and repair any corrupted system files.

3. Update your Intel graphics drivers:
    Your Intel HD 4600 graphics might be outdated. Go to the Intel website, download the latest drivers for your graphics card, and install them.

4. Monitor your system temperatures:
    Download and install a temperature monitoring tool like HWiNFO or GPU-Z. Run the tool and observe your CPU and GPU temperatures during the 3-4 minute period before it crashes. If your temperatures are spiking, it might indicate an overheating issue.

5. Run a memory test:
    Since you have 8GB of RAM, let’s rule out any potential memory issues. Download and run MemTest86+ to test your RAM for errors.

6. Check for BIOS updates:
    Visit your motherboard manufacturer’s website and check for any BIOS updates. Updating your BIOS might resolve any compatibility issues.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you can try doing a clean boot to isolate the problem. If the problem persists, it’s possible that there’s a hardware issue or a more complex software problem.

Regarding your concern about doing a factory reset, it’s a good idea to back up your important files and data before attempting a reset. If you’re not comfortable doing a reset, we can try to troubleshoot further to identify the root cause of the problem.

Let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance