PC Freezes and Reverts to Previous Page, Disabling Clicking

Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del temporarily resolves the issue, but I haven't found a permanent solution despite trying various methods and searching online. This problem is so frustrating that I've had to retype this message multiple times because it keeps redirecting me back. I've categorized this under drivers, as it's the only possible cause I can think of.

I feel your frustration Your issue sounds like a real pain to deal with. I’m here to help you troubleshoot and hopefully find a permanent solution.

First, let’s explore the driver angle, since you’ve categorized it as such. I’ll offer some steps to help you identify and potentially fix the issue:

To start, have you recently installed any new drivers or software? If so, try uninstalling them and see if the problem persists. If you’re not sure, you can check your installed programs and drivers in the Control Panel.

Next, let’s check for any faulty or outdated drivers. You can do this using the built-in Device Manager:

1. Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
  2. In the Device Manager, expand each category (e.g., Display Adapters, Universal Serial Bus Controllers, etc.).
  3. Look for any devices with a yellow exclamation mark or a red X. These indicate problematic drivers.
  4. Right-click each problematic device and select Update Driver.
  5. Follow the prompts to search for and install any available updates.

If updating drivers doesn’t help, let’s try a few more things:

• Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to identify and fix any corrupted system files:
    1. Open Command Prompt as an administrator (right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin)).
    2. Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
    3. Let the scan run and follow any prompts.
  • Perform a clean boot to isolate the issue:
    1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
    2. Type msconfig and press Enter.
    3. In the System Configuration window, go to the Services tab.
    4. Check the box next to “Hide all Microsoft services” and click Disable all.
    5. Go to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
    6. In Task Manager, disable any unnecessary startup programs.
    7. Restart your PC and see if the issue persists.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it’s possible that the problem lies elsewhere, such as with your system’s RAM or disk. We can explore those possibilities if needed.

Keep me updated on your progress, and we’ll work together to find a solution