PC Crashes with BSOD: PSHED.dll+10c0 and ntoskrnl.exe+41a240 Errors

I'm seeking help with a PC at the office that's been experiencing intermittent BSODs. I've tried troubleshooting by removing a RAM stick and replacing the GPU with a slightly faulty but still working unit. However, the PC crashed again this morning with a different error. I'd appreciate assistance in identifying the cause of the error before making any major changes. I've included the BlueScreenView output and dump file for reference.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-7WngDolxsC2aRQ-_x0JxGHaRotC4xdD?usp=drive_link

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey there,

So you’re dealing with a pesky BSOD issue, and you’re taking the right approach by trying to identify the root cause before making any significant changes. I’m happy to help you out.

First, let’s break down the errors you’ve encountered:

1. PSHED.dll+10c0: This error is related to Windows 10’s kernel, specifically a Power Management driver. It can be caused by various factors, including>;

• System drivers out of date or corrupted
    • Overheating issues
    • RAM or motherboard failure
  2. ntoskrnl.exe+41a240: This error is related to the NT operating system kernel, responsible for managing major system components. Possible causes include;

• System files corrupted during updates or software installation
    • CPU overvoltage or power supply issues
    • As above, RAM or motherboard problems

Given the different errors you’ve encountered, it’s difficult to pinpoint the exact cause without more detailed analysis. Here’s a step-by-step approach to help you further troubleshoot:

1. Hardware and software updates:
    Ensure all Windows updates are installed and up to date.
    Check for BIOS updates for your motherboard as well.

2. Clean boot and driver analysis:
    Perform a clean boot to start the system with minimal drivers loaded.
    Use tools like Driver Verifier to identify problematic drivers.

3. System file integrity:
    Run the ‘System File Checker’ tool (sfc) to scan for corrupted system files.
    Perform a thorough system file check using DISM.

4. Overheating checks:
    Monitor your CPU temperature to rule out overheating.
    Check for dust accumulation and ensure good airflow inside the case.

Lastly, since you’ve tried removing a RAM stick and replacing the GPU, I’d recommend trying a different RAM stick combination and/or using a different GPU if possible to isolate any hardware-specific issues.

Keep in mind that if the problem persists, it might be worth considering taking the office PC to a professional for a more detailed diagnosis.

Best of luck, and let me know if you need any guidance on the steps above or if you have any further questions.