PC and Games Keep Freezing/Crashing

My PC keeps crashing when I'm loading or playing games. The only exception is Roblox, which runs smoothly. Every other game crashes randomly, sometimes within the first 5 minutes or after a few hours. When it crashes, I get a blue screen error message indicating a RAM-related issue. I've tried updating all drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling them, but the problem persists. My system specs include a 12th gen i5-12600KF processor, AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT graphics card, and 32 GB of 3600 MHz Corsair RAM. I've even reinstalled Windows and replaced the storage drives, but the issue remains. This problem occurred on my previous computer as well, which is why I upgraded to this new system, hoping it would resolve the issue.

Hey there, sorry to hear you’re still experiencing issues with your PC crashing while gaming. I’ve got some potential solutions for you to try out.

First, let’s tackle the RAM-related blue screen error message. Since you’ve already tried updating and reinstalling drivers, let’s dive deeper into the RAM itself.

1. Run a memory stress test using tools like MemTest86+ or Prime95 to identify if there’s a faulty RAM stick. This will help you determine if the issue is with the RAM or something else.
  2. Ensure that your RAM is properly seated and that the BIOS is configured to run the RAM at its specified speed (3600 MHz).
  3. Try running your system with a single RAM stick to isolate the issue. If the problem persists, try swapping the sticks to see if the issue follows a specific stick.

Now, let’s move on to the graphics card and system settings:

1. Update your graphics card drivers to the latest version available from AMD’s website.
  2. In the Radeon settings, try reducing the graphics quality or turning off certain features like Radeon Image Sharpening or Radeon Anti-Lag to see if it improves stability.
  3. Check your system’s power settings to ensure that the power plan is set to “High Performance” and that the system is not throttling the GPU or CPU.

Given that you’ve already reinstalled Windows and replaced the storage drives, let’s look at some other potential causes:

1. Check your system temperatures using tools like HWMonitor or GPU-Z to ensure that your CPU and GPU are not overheating.
  2. Ensure that your system is properly ventilated, and that dust isn’t building up inside the case.
  3. If you’re using a laptop, try running it on a cooling pad or with the lid open to improve airflow.

Lastly, since Roblox runs smoothly, it’s possible that the issue is game-specific. Try updating the games that are crashing to their latest versions, and see if that resolves the issue.

If none of these steps resolve the problem, it might be worth considering a motherboard or CPU issue, but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that