Outlook Bookmarks Not Working - Assistance Needed

I'm having trouble with my Outlook bookmarks. After fixing an error in my Outlook data file, I finally got Outlook working again, but now I'm unable to locate my bookmarks.

No bookmarks, eh? That’s a bummer. Don’t worry, I’m here to help you out.

First, let’s try the obvious: check if your bookmarks are hidden. Sometimes, they can get tucked away in a folder or category without you realizing it. Open Outlook, go to the Navigation Pane (usually on the left side), and click on the “Folder” tab. Look for a folder called “Bookmarks” or “Favorites”. If you don’t see it, try right-clicking on the Navigation Pane and selecting “Folder List” to show all folders.

If that doesn’t work, it’s possible that your bookmarks got lost during the data file error fix. Outlook stores bookmarks in a separate file called .fav or .xml. Let’s try to locate that file.

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook.
  2. Look for a file with a .fav or .xml extension. It might be called outlook.fav or outlook.xml.
  3. If you find the file, try opening it with a text editor like Notepad++. If it’s not empty, that means your bookmarks are still there.

If you can’t find the file or it’s empty, we’ll need to try a different approach.

1. Open Outlook and go to File > Options > Advanced.
  2. In the “Export” section, click on “Export” next to “Export options”.
  3. Choose “Export to a file” and select “Next”.
  4. Select “Favorites” (or “Bookmarks” in some versions) and choose a location to save the file.
  5. Click “Finish” to export your bookmarks.

This should create a new .fav or .xml file with your bookmarks. If you’re still having trouble, feel free to provide more details about your error fix process, and I’ll do my best to help you troubleshoot the issue.