Outlook Account Issues

My account has been hacked and I don't know how to access it. I urgently need help as I have important work and an exam to prepare for.

Hey there Sorry to hear that your Outlook account has been compromised. I’m here to help you regain control of your account and secure your important emails.

First, take a deep breath and stay calm. We’ll get through this step by step.

Immediate Action

1. Change Your Microsoft Password:

• Go to account.microsoft.com and log in.
    • Change your password to a strong and unique one.
    • Make sure to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) if you haven’t already.
  2. Recover Your Account:

• Visit outlook.com and sign in with your email.
    • If prompted, enter your recovery info (phones, emails, or security questions).
    • Confirm that you’re the account owner.

Secure Your Account

• Strong Password and 2FA: Ensure you use a unique password and have 2FA enabled.
  • Monitor Your Account Activity: Regularly check the ‘Recent Activity’ section.
  • Update Device Info: Ensure all connected devices are updated and trustworthy.

Review Your Email Settings

• Check Forwarding: Ensure no unauthorized email addresses are forwarding your emails.
  • Verify Connected Devices: Make sure all devices listed are trusted.

Prevent Future Hacks

• Use Strong Passwords: No easy-to-guess passwords or the same passwords across multiple sites.
  • Beware of Phishing: Be cautious with links and attachments from unknown senders.

Cross-check everything, and you should regain control over your account. Stay cautious and careful from now on.