Office 365 Email Not Working with Forms

I'm having trouble sending an email through our ticketing system using my email address. The last error message I received said:

smtplib.SMTPDataError: (554, b'5.2.252 SendAsDenied; *** Email address is removed for privacy *** not allowed to send as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***;

I need urgent help to resolve this issue.

Hey there, sorry to hear you’re having trouble with sending emails through your ticketing system!

The error message you provided, smtplib.SMTPDataError: (554, b'5.2.252 SendAsDenied;, indicates that the email address you’re trying to send as (or on behalf of) doesn’t have the necessary permissions. This is a pretty common issue, especially when you’re dealing with Microsoft 365.

Here are some steps you can take to resolve this:

1. Check your Microsoft 365 settings:

• Go to Users > Active Users.
    • Find the user who’s having the issue and click on their name.
    • Click on Mail.
    • Under Email > Mailbox permissions, check if the user has the necessary permissions to send emails on behalf of the specified email address.
  2. Grant SendAs permissions:

• If the necessary permissions aren’t set, follow these steps:
      • Go back to the Users > Active Users page.
      • Click on the user’s name.
      • Click on Mail.
      • Under Email > Mailbox permissions, click on Edit.
      • Add the email address you want to send as, and make sure the SendAs checkbox is checked.
      • Save the changes.
  3. Verify configuration:

• Ensure your ticketing system is correctly configured to use the Microsoft 365 email settings.
    • Double-check the SMTP server address, username, password, and any other settings that might be relevant.

If you’ve followed these steps and the issue still persists, you might want to reach out to your Microsoft 365 admin or the support team for further assistance.