Office 365 Add-on Not Recognizing Login Credentials, Cant Cancel Unused Purchase

Purchased a Teams Essentials add-on to Office 365 Family, but it won't let me log in. Despite never using it in the past year, I'm unable to cancel the subscription. Recently, I received an email stating it will auto-renew. I've reached out to support, who provided an email address to contact. However, the response was an automated email claiming they can't assist me since they don't recognize my account. I have the subscription ID, which I'm being charged for. If I don't get help, I'll have to cancel the payment through my bank.

Hey there, sorry to hear you’re stuck with this frustrating issue. I’ve got some steps to help you resolve this:

First, let’s tackle the recognition issue. You mentioned the automated email said they can’t assist you because they don’t recognize your account. It sounds like there might be a mismatch between the account you used to purchase the Teams Essentials add-on and the account you’re using to reach out to support. Make sure you’re using the same account credentials you used when you initially purchased the add-on. Double-check your login details and try reaching out to support again.

Now, about canceling the subscription. Since you’ve got the subscription ID, that’s a good starting point. Here’s what you can do:

1. Visit the Microsoft Account Portal: Go to the Microsoft account portal (account.microsoft.com) and sign in using the same credentials you used to purchase the add-on.
  2. Find Your Subscriptions: Click on “Services & subscriptions” and find the Teams Essentials add-on in the list.
  3. Cancel the Subscription: Click on “Manage” next to the add-on and follow the prompts to cancel the subscription. You might be asked for confirmation or reasons for cancellation.
  4. Double-Check: Once you’ve canceled, make sure to verify that the subscription is indeed canceled by checking the “Services & subscriptions” page again.

If you’re unable to cancel the subscription through the portal or if you encounter any issues, here’s an alternate route:

Contact Microsoft Support Directly:

1. Go to the Microsoft Support website (support.microsoft.com) and click on “Contact Support.”
  2. Choose the “Office 365 for Home” option and then select “Billing” as the issue type.
  3. You’ll be directed to a chat window or a phone number to reach out to a support representative. Make sure you have your subscription ID handy to provide to them.

Remember to stay calm and patient during the process. If you’ve tried these steps and still have issues, it might be worth considering reaching out to your bank to dispute the auto-renewal charge as a last resort.

Good luck, and I hope this helps you resolve the issue