No New Emails Showing in Outlook PWA

Good morning!

I've been experiencing an issue for the past week where new emails don't show up in the Inbox view if it's already open. The counter correctly indicates that there are new messages, but I need to switch to a different folder and then come back to see them.

Could you please help me with this problem?

Best regards

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with new emails showing up in your Outlook PWA.

First, let’s try a simple tweak to get things moving again. Sometimes, PWA just needs a little respite to clear up any internal glitches. Here’s what you can do:

1. Close and reopen the Outlook PWA window: Sometimes, just closing and reopening the PWA can refresh the connection and update your inbox. Give it a try and see if the new emails appear.

If that doesn’t work, let’s dig a bit deeper:

1. Clear the cache and cookies: Clearing the cache and cookies can often resolve issues like this. Here’s how:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete to open the browser’s clear browsing data window
    • Select Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files
    • Set the time range to All time
    • Hit Clear data
  2. Try the web-based Outlook instead: Rule out if the issue is specific to the PWA by checking the web-based Outlook (outlook.com) to see if new emails show up there. If they do, then it might be an issue with the PWA.

3. Disable and re-enable the Outlook PWA: Sometimes, reinstalling the PWA can help. Here’s how:

• Go to the Chrome web store (or your browser’s extension store)
    • Search for Outlook PWA and click the Remove from Chrome button
    • Wait for a few seconds and then reinstall it

If none of these steps resolve the issue, feel free to share more details, like your browser and PWA version. I’ll do my best to help you out.

Best of luck, and let me know how it goes