No Mailbox Error: Whats Causing This Issue?

I've recently started school and was given a school email account through Outlook. I can log in to Microsoft 365, and it shows I'm signed in at the top corner. However, when I try to access my email, it only lets me enter my password and then displays my college's name. After that, it suddenly says I don't have a mailbox and no license. Can someone please assist me with this issue?

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you’re having some trouble with your school email through Outlook. Don’t worry, we can figure this out. It sounds like there might be a problem with your account setup or permissions. Here are a few things to check:

First, make sure you have the necessary permissions to access the mailbox. When you were given the school email account, it’s possible the IT department didn’t enable the mailbox or license correctly. You can try contacting the school’s IT support team to see if they can check the settings on their end.

Next, ensure you’re logging in to the correct account. Sometimes, users might have multiple accounts, so double-check that you’re using the right email and password.

Lastly, if you’re still having issues, try clearing your browser’s cache and history. Sometimes, a simple browser refresh can solve the problem.

If none of these steps work, here’s what you can do:

1. Log out of Microsoft 365 completely.
  2. Check if you have any other accounts open in the background that might be interfering.
  3. Clear your browser’s cookies and site data.
  4. Log back in to Microsoft 365 and see if the issue persists.

If you’re still stuck, feel free to provide more details about the error message you’re seeing, and I might be able to help you further.