No Azure Repo login prompt in Microsoft Authenticator app

I’m having trouble accessing an Azure repository in my organization. When I try to log in, I’m prompted to enter a code from the Microsoft Authenticator app, but the app isn’t displaying the code prompt. This is strange because the app is working fine for other logins, just not for the Azure repo. I’ve tried various troubleshooting steps, including clearing browser caches and history, using incognito mode, switching browsers, and even trying a different PC. I’ve also removed and re-added the authenticator app from my Microsoft account and mobile device, and even tried using Google Authenticator as an alternative. Despite all these efforts, the issue persists - I’m still being asked to enter a code from the Microsoft Authenticator app, but the app isn’t generating the code prompt.

Hey there,

I understand how frustrating this can be, especially since you’ve tried a bunch of troubleshooting steps. Here are a few suggestions that might help:

First, ensure that you’re using the latest version of the Microsoft Authenticator app. Sometimes, updates can resolve issues, so it’s worth checking.

Another thing to try is to reset your Authenticator app settings for your Azure repository. You can do this by:

1. Opening the Authenticator app.
  2. Tapping the three horizontal lines in the top left corner to access the menu.
  3. Selecting Accounts.
  4. Finding your Azure repository account.
  5. Swiping left on the account to reveal a “Remove” option.
  6. Confirming that you want to remove the account.
  7. Re-adding the Azure repository account following the same steps as when you initially set it up.

If this doesn’t work, you might want to look into your Azure repository settings. Sometimes, configuration issues can cause these types of problems. Have you tried checking your Azure Active Directory settings to ensure that everything is correctly configured for multi-factor authentication?

Also worth a try is to check if there are any temporary issues with the Azure repository service. Sometimes, it might be a transient issue on their end that resolves itself after a short while.

If none of these steps help, it might be worth reaching out to your organization’s IT team or Azure support for further assistance.