My PC Keeps Shutting Down - Why?

After upgrading to Windows 10 LTSC from the official website, my PC's performance has significantly deteriorated.

When I installed certain drivers, my keyboard and internet card stopped functioning. Even before installing the internet card drivers, the card couldn't detect all available networks, including my own. I reinstalled Windows, avoiding USB and Wi-Fi card drivers, but my PC still shuts down unexpectedly, as if I had pressed the shutdown button. I'm not sure what's causing this issue and would appreciate any help.

Hey there, sorry to hear that your PC is shutting down unexpectedly After reading your post, I’ve got a few potential explanations and some steps to help you troubleshoot the issue.

First, let’s tackle the driver problems. It’s possible that the drivers you installed are causing conflicts or are incompatible with Windows 10 LTSC. Have you tried reinstalling the drivers in a specific order or using a driver uninstaller tool to remove any leftover files? Sometimes, a clean install of drivers can resolve issues like this.

Now, about the shutdowns. There are a few common culprits that might be causing your PC to shut down unexpectedly:

1. Overheating: If your PC is overheating, it can cause sudden shutdowns. Check your CPU and GPU temperatures using software like HWMonitor or GPU-Z. Make sure your system is properly ventilated, and consider cleaning out any dust from your fans and heat sinks.
  2. Power settings: Windows 10 has some aggressive power management features that can cause shutdowns if not configured correctly. Go to Settings > Power & sleep > Choose what the power buttons do, and make sure the “Turn on fast startup” option is disabled.
  3. BIOS or UEFI issues: Sometimes, a BIOS or UEFI update can resolve shutdown issues. Check your motherboard manufacturer’s website for any updates and follow their instructions to update your BIOS or UEFI firmware.
  4. Hardware faults: It’s possible that there’s a hardware fault causing the shutdowns. Run a memory test using MemTest86+ to rule out any RAM issues. You can also try running a disk check using the built-in Check Disk (chkdsk) utility to identify any disk errors.

To help you troubleshoot further, can you please provide some more information?

• What’s your system configuration (CPU, GPU, RAM, motherboard)?
  • Are there any error messages or beeps before the shutdown?
  • Have you installed any other software or drivers recently?
  • Are you using a laptop or desktop PC?

Let me know, and I’ll do my best to help you troubleshoot the issue