My PC is controlled by my company

I'm getting a strange message saying my PC is being managed by an organization, but it's my personal computer and I'm the only one using it.

This restriction is preventing me from adding my phone and accessing certain password options that are now hidden.

Hey there!

It sounds like your PC might be stuck with some leftover company settings from a previous job or install.

First, let’s try the easy fix:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
  2. Click on “Accounts”.
  3. Look for an option like “Access work or school” and see if your company’s name is listed.
  4. If you see it, click on it and you should have an option to “Disconnect” or “Leave”.

If that doesn’t work, it’s possible that your PC was set up with a company account without your knowledge. Here’s what to do:

1. Open Microsoft Edge and go to edge://policy/ (this will show you any group policies applied to your browser).
  2. Look for any suspicious policies related to company control.
  3. If you find something fishy, take note of the policy name and then go to Settings > Accounts > Access work or school (as mentioned earlier).
  4. Click on “Enrolled” and then “Unenroll device” to remove any company managements.

Another possibility is that your company installed some management software on your PC without your knowledge. You can try:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
  2. Type “mseconfig” and press Enter to open the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager.
  3. Look for any company software or agents listed and uninstall them.

Lastly, if none of the above works, it’s possible that your company configured your PC to use Azure Active Directory (AAD) without your knowledge. You can try:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
  2. Click on “Accounts”.
  3. Click on “Email & accounts” or “Your info”.
  4. Look for an option to “Sign in with a Microsoft account instead” and try switching to a personal Microsoft account.

If none of these steps help, feel free to provide more details about your setup and the exact error message you’re seeing, and I can try to help further