MW3 Missing from My Game Library

I'm having an issue with a game disappearing from my Xbox library. I've checked my Microsoft account and the purchase receipt is still there, showing I bought the game 7 months ago. However, when I try to access the game on the Microsoft site, it says the cross-gen bundle is currently unavailable. On the Xbox store, it's listed for $89.99, with no indication that I already own it. I'm frustrated that I paid for a game that's no longer available to me.

This isn't the first time this has happened. A similar issue occurred with Red Dead Redemption 2 about a year ago. I had to repurchase the game despite having already owned it, as Microsoft couldn't find any record of my original purchase. It's frustrating and I don't want to have to rebuy a game I've already paid for.

Sorry to hear that you’re dealing with this issue again. Losing access to games you’ve paid for is frustrating, to say the least. Let’s try to sort this out.

First, let’s cover the basics. Have you tried these steps to see if the game reappears in your library?

1. Check your Xbox console: Ensure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you used to purchase the game. Go to My Games & Apps, then Full Library, and finally All Owned Games. Check if MW3 shows up here.
  2. Reset your Xbox: Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve these kinds of issues.
  3. Check your Microsoft account purchase history: Log in to your Microsoft account on the website and go to Payment & billing > Order history. Verify that the purchase receipt for MW3 is still there.

If none of these steps work, here are some more detailed steps to follow:

Contact Xbox Support:

1. Create a support ticket: Visit the Xbox Support website and create a new ticket. Describe the issue you’re facing, including the fact that the game is missing from your library and the error you’re getting on the Microsoft site.
  2. Provide proof of purchase: Attach a screenshot of your purchase receipt or any other relevant documentation to the support ticket.
  3. Follow up: Wait for a support agent to contact you and stay patient. They might request additional information or need more time to resolve the issue.

Additional Advice:

• Keep an eye on your account: Regularly check your purchase history and game library to catch any discrepancies early on.
  • Consider enabling two-factor authentication: This adds an extra layer of security to your Microsoft account and helps prevent unauthorized changes.

Keep me updated on your progress, and I’ll do my best to help you get MW3 back in your library.