Missing Transcribe Feature in Microsoft 365 Online and App

I've tried accessing the feature while signed in online, but it doesn't make a difference. Uploading the file to OneDrive doesn't help either. I'm wondering why this option is missing from my version.

I'm currently using the online version of 365.

Hey there!

It sounds like you’re having trouble accessing the Transcribe feature in Microsoft 365 online. Let’s sort this out.

First off, the Transcribe feature is only available in the web version of Microsoft Word. If you’re using the desktop app, it won’t be visible. So, let’s focus on the online version.

Troubleshooting Steps

1. Sign in to Your Microsoft 365 Account:
    Make sure you are signed in to your Microsoft 365 account. This should be the first step if you haven’t done so already.

2. Check Your Browser:
    Sometimes, browser issues can hide the feature. Try using incognito mode or switching to a different browser to see if the Transcribe option appears.

3. Look for the Dropdown:
    Once you’re signed in, open Word online and navigate to the “Home” tab. Click the down arrow next to the microphone-shaped “Dictate” button. The Transcribe panel should open from there.

4. Troubleshoot Your Browser Further:
    If the dropdown is still missing, it might be a browser-related issue. Try using your browser’s private or InPrivate window to rule out any extension or profile conflicts.

5. Upload Your Audio File:
    If you’re ready to transcribe, follow the steps from point 3 to access the Transcribe panel. Choose “Upload audio” and select your audio file.

6. Give It Time:
    The transcription process can take a while depending on your internet speed, so be patient and let it complete.

If you’ve tried all these steps and still can’t find the feature, you might want to check if other users are having the same issue. Alternatively, you can post your concern in the Word UserVoice to let the development team know what improvements you’d like to see in the future.

Hope this helps you out