Missing Language Pack Options: Stuck with Spanish and Japanese, Need English

When trying to add English as a preferred language, the language list doesn't appear. I've waited for a while, but it still doesn't show up. I need assistance with this issue. Unfortunately, I'm unable to upload a screenshot, but here are the steps I took: Time & Language > Language > Preferred Languages > add a language

Hey there, sorry to hear you’re having trouble with language packs on Windows 10.

First, let’s try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can get the language list to appear:

1. Restart your computer and try again. Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve the issue.
  2. Check for any pending Windows updates. Make sure your system is up to date, as this might be a bug that’s been fixed in a recent update.
  3. Try resetting the Language settings. To do this, go to Settings > Time & Language > Language, then click on the “Language options” link at the top. Click the “Reset” button at the bottom of the page.

If none of these steps work, let’s try a more manual approach:

1. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator. Right-click on the Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
  2. Type the following command and press Enter: lpksetup /u
    This command will uninstall any existing language packs.
  3. Next, type lpksetup /i and press Enter. This will open the Language Pack Installer.
  4. Select “Download and install language packs” and follow the prompts to download and install the English language pack.

If you’re still having trouble, you can try using the Microsoft Language Pack ISO file. You can download it from the Microsoft website, then mount the ISO and run the installer.

Let me know if any of these steps help resolve the issue