Missing Conversation Styles in Microsoft Copilot

I noticed a change in Microsoft Copilot on Microsoft Edge. Previously, there were three conversation styles to choose from: creative, balanced, and precise. However, they have suddenly disappeared, leaving only the balanced style option. This change is also seen in the preview version on the desktop screen of my PC (but not on Android). It's as if Microsoft Copilot was updated recently. Can anyone help me get the other options back?

I completely understand your concern about the missing conversation styles in Microsoft Copilot on Microsoft Edge. It’s indeed frustrating when important features disappear without notice. Let’s get those options back for you!

First, ensure your Microsoft Edge is up to date. Here’s how:

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
  2. Click the three dots in the upper right corner.
  3. Select Help and feedback.
  4. Click About Microsoft Edge. This will automatically check for available updates.

If updates are available, install them and restart Edge. This might resolve the issue.

If the styles are still missing after the update, a possible cause could be a misconfigurated or corrupted browser setting. Let’s reset the settings to their default values. Here’s how:

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
  2. Click the three dots in the upper right corner.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. On the left side, click Reset settings.
  5. Click Restore default settings values.
  6. Confirm by clicking Reset.

Restart Microsoft Edge after resetting the settings. If the issue persists, I recommend running the Microsoft Edge repair tool to fix any potential system issues:

1. Press the Windows key + I.
  2. Open Settings.
  3. Click Apps.
  4. Select Microsoft Edge from the list.
  5. Click Modify.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions to repair Microsoft Edge.

Lastly, ensure your Windows is up to date, as this can also affect browser functionality. Check for the latest updates via Windows Update in the Settings.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you might want to reinstall Microsoft Edge or seek further troubleshooting help.

I hope these steps help you get those conversation styles back in Microsoft Copilot on Microsoft Edge. Good luck, and let me know if you need further assistance