Missing Action Center in Microsoft Edge Sidebar

I’ve double-checked everything. I’m certain I’m logged in to my account and running the latest version of the software. I’m currently located in India. My software version is: Version 126.0.2592.61 (Official build) (64-bit) and my language is set to English (United States). Is there something I’ve overlooked?

Hey there!

I totally get that you’re frustrated with the Action Center not showing up in your MS Edge sidebar, especially when you’ve tried pretty much everything. Here’s the deal:

1. Ensure You’re Signed In: First off, make sure you’re logged in to your Microsoft account. This might sound simple, but it’s often the culprit.
  2. Check for Updates: Open Edge and go to Settings. Click on “About Edge” in the menu on the left side. If there’s an update, it’ll install automatically.
  3. Enable Sidebar: Head to Settings again and click on “Sidebar” in the menu. Enable the “Always show sidebar” option.

Now, here’s the crucial part:

1. Get the Action Center:
    • Open Microsoft Edge Dev (if you haven’t installed it yet, grab it from the MS Edge site).
    • Sign in to your Microsoft account in Edge Dev.
    • Restart Microsoft Edge Dev.
    • Now, in the Discover tab, click the + symbol at the bottom. Add Action center from there.

That should do the trick. If it still doesn’t work, try checking your language settings. Ensure it’s set to English (United States) as you mentioned.

Lastly, since you’re on a MacBook Air with Mac OS Monterey, ensure everything is up-to-date on the OS side as well.

If all else fails, you can also try reinstalling Edge or seeking further help on the Microsoft forums. They’ve got a bunch of helpful folks who might be able to pinpoint the issue specific to your setup.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you need anything else.