Microsoft Store Game Service Issue

I recently purchased Forza Motorsport 2023 from Steam, not the Microsoft store. After installing and launching the game, it takes a while to load and then stops with an error message.

When I click "OK" to download the Microsoft game service, it takes me to a page where I'm stuck. Despite the game being listed as installed in the "Libraries" tab, I can't open, install, or uninstall it.

I believe this application is necessary to launch the game, so I'd appreciate help on how to use it to finally get the game running.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this technical issue.

I’m happy to help you out with this issue. It sounds like you’re running into a pretty common problem.

First off, let’s clarify that you bought the game from Steam, not the Microsoft Store. That’s important to keep in mind.

Here’s the deal: the Microsoft game service is required to run Forza Motorsport 2023, even if you didn’t buy it from the Microsoft Store. It’s a bit annoying, but it’s a requirement for the game to function properly.

Now, let’s tackle the issue at hand:

1. Make sure you’re signed in with the correct Microsoft account: If you have multiple Microsoft accounts, double-check that you’re signed in with the one associated with the game. You can do this by going to the Microsoft Store app, clicking on the profile picture in the top right, and checking the account information.

2. Check for any pending updates: Sometimes, these errors occur because the Microsoft game service isn’t updated. Open the Microsoft Store app, click on the three dots in the top right corner, and select “Downloads and updates.” If there are any updates pending, install them and then try launching the game again.

3. Re-register the Microsoft game service: This might sound a bit technical, but it’s actually pretty straightforward. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box, type in ‘wsreset.exe’, and press Enter. This will reset the Microsoft Store app and might resolve the issue.

4. Try reinstalling the Microsoft game service: If the above steps don’t work, you can try reinstalling the Microsoft game service. To do this, go to the Control Panel, click on “Programs and Features” (or “Add or Remove Programs” depending on your Windows version), find the Microsoft game service in the list, and uninstall it. Then, restart your PC and try launching the game again. The game service should reinstall automatically.

If none of these steps work, you might want to try reaching out to Microsoft support directly. They can help you troubleshoot the issue further or provide more specific guidance based on your setup.

Good luck, and I hope you get the game running smoothly soon