Microsoft Store error: Something went wrong and No internet connection after refreshing page

When I launch the Microsoft Store, I get an error message saying "Sorry about that Something went wrong. We're aware of the issue and working to fix it. Try refreshing or come back later." However, when I refresh, it claims I'm not connected to the internet. I've tried this on at least 10 different networks across 3 countries. My system is running Windows 10 version 22H2 with OS build 19045.4529.

That’s super frustrating I’ve got some steps to help you troubleshoot the issue. Let’s dive in!

First, let’s rule out any internet connectivity issues. Since you’ve tried this on 10 different networks across 3 countries, it’s unlikely to be a network-specific problem. However, just to be sure:

1. Check your internet connection by opening a web browser (like Chrome or Edge) and navigating to a website. If you can access the website, your internet connection is working fine.

Now, let’s focus on the Microsoft Store issue. Here are some potential solutions:

Clear Microsoft Store cache

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
  2. Type wsreset.exe and press Enter. This will clear the Microsoft Store cache.

Reset Microsoft Store

1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
  2. Click on “Apps” and then click on “Apps & features” on the left side.
  3. Find Microsoft Store in the list of installed apps, click on it, and then click the “Advanced options” link.
  4. Click the “Reset” button.

Check for Windows updates

1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
  2. Click on “Update & Security”.
  3. Check if there are any pending updates. If yes, install them and restart your system.

Disable and re-enable the Microsoft Store

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
  2. Type powershell and press Enter to open PowerShell.
  3. Run the following command: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $($_.InstallLocation)}
  4. Restart your system.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you can try resetting Windows 10’s Store app using the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). However, this is a more advanced step, and you’ll need to have WSL installed on your system.

Let me know if any of these steps help resolve the issue