Microsoft Rewards: A Serious Problem Exists

Hello everyone,

I've been using Microsoft Rewards for a while, but recently, when I access the Rewards scheme on my PC or phone, I get a message saying "Oops looks like you're on the go" and everything is greyed out. This issue is also affecting my Xbox Rewards program.

I've contacted Microsoft support, and they said that the rewards program only allows earning items in your current market.

I want to clarify that I'm not using a VPN and I'm not on the go - I'm based in the UK.

Hey there,

I see you’re having some trouble with Microsoft Rewards and Xbox Rewards on both your PC and phone. That “Oops, looks like you’re on the go” message can be pretty frustrating.

First, let’s break down what the Microsoft support told you: they said it only allows earning rewards in your current market. Now, since you mentioned you’re in the UK and not using a VPN, the main culprit might not be the VPN. Here are some steps to help you troubleshoot:

1. Check Your Location Settings: Ensure that your device’s location settings are enabled and set to your actual location.
  2. Clear Browser and App Cache: Clear the cache and cookies from your web browser and both the Microsoft Rewards and Xbox apps on your phone. This will help to refresh your connection and rule out any temporary errors.
  3. Restart and Update Devices: Restart both your PC and phone, making sure they’re running on the latest OS and software updates.
  4. Check Rewards Program Settings: Ensure that your Rewards and Xbox Rewards are set to the UK region.
  5. Check Your Microsoft Account: Ensure your Microsoft account is also set to the UK region.

After doing these steps, try accessing Microsoft Rewards again. If the issue persists, feel free to provide the error message, and I’ll do my best to help you further.