Microsoft Photos, Video, and Minecraft Bedrock Edition Not Working Properly

I'm having some trouble with my computer after cleaning out my C drive. I think I might have deleted something important by mistake. Now, I'm getting errors when trying to open certain files.

For instance, when I try to open photos using Microsoft Photos, I get an error. The same thing happens when I try to open videos using Microsoft Videos.

Another issue I've noticed is that Minecraft Bedrock Edition won't start. When I click "Play", I get an error message. Note that Minecraft is installed on a separate F drive.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me fix these problems.

Sorry to hear that you’re having some issues with your Windows 10 install after cleaning out your C drive. It’s possible that you might have deleted some system files or registry entries that are causing these problems.

First, let’s try to fix the Microsoft Photos and Videos apps. These are both built-in Windows 10 apps, so we can try reinstalling them to see if that resolves the issue. Here’s how to do it:

1. Open the PowerShell as an administrator. You can do this by right-clicking on the Start button and selecting “Windows PowerShell (Admin)”.
  2. Type the following command and press Enter: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
  3. Wait for the command to complete. This might take a few minutes.
  4. Once the command has finished, try opening Microsoft Photos and Videos again to see if they’re working properly.

If that doesn’t work, we might need to do some further troubleshooting to figure out what’s going on.

As for Minecraft Bedrock Edition, it’s possible that the installation is corrupted or that there’s an issue with the Windows Store app. Since it’s installed on a separate drive, it’s unlikely that deleting files on your C drive would have affected it directly. However, we can try a few things to get it working again:

1. Try restarting the Windows Store app. You can do this by pressing the Windows key + R, typing wsreset.exe, and pressing Enter.
  2. If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft Bedrock Edition from the Microsoft Store.
  3. If you’re still having issues, you can try resetting the Windows Store app’s cache. You can do this by pressing the Windows key + R, typing %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache, and pressing Enter. Then, delete everything in the folder that opens up.

Let me know if any of these steps help resolve your issues