Microsoft Account Not Found

I recently tried to sign into my Microsoft account, but it said the account doesn't exist and suggested creating a new one. When I attempted to create a new account using the same Gmail address, it was rejected. I can still access my account through the web, but I get an error message saying "Something went wrong, please try again". Since my account is still active and I've always followed the rules, I'm unsure how to resolve this issue.

Hey, I understand how annoying that can be. Let’s dive into this and figure out what’s going on.

First, just to clarify, you can still access your Microsoft account via the web, right? And it’s active with no issues? That’s great, as it suggests there hasn’t been any account suspension or termination on Microsoft’s end.

Now, for the error on the client-side, it’s possible that the issue lies with your local settings or cached credentials. Here’s what I’d suggest you try:

1. Clear your Microsoft app cache:

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Type %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache and hit Enter.
    • Delete everything in the folder.
    • Try signing in again with your credentials.
  2. Remove and reinstall the Microsoft app:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    • Look for the Microsoft app you’re trying to use, click on it, and select Uninstall.
    • Wait for the uninstallation to complete.
    • Go to the Microsoft Store and reinstall the app.
    • Sign in again with your credentials.
  3. Ensure your email address is correct:

• Double-check that you’re using the exact same Gmail address to sign in that you use for the web login. Sometimes, a typo or incorrect email address can cause these kinds of issues.
  4. Check your device date and time:

• Make sure your device’s date and time are set correctly. Incorrect date and time can cause authentication issues.

If none of these steps work, it’s possible that there’s a server-side issue. You might want to reach out to Microsoft support directly. Let me know if you need any further assistance