Microsoft Account Login Issue on Google Chrome

Hello,

I'm having trouble signing in to my Microsoft account on Chrome. I'm already signed in on Microsoft Edge, but that shouldn't be the issue. I've tried clearing Chrome's browser cache, but it didn't work. When I try to sign in on Chrome, I get this error message:

Since I have a Microsoft account, I shouldn't be seeing this error. How can I sign in on Chrome without this problem?

Hey there, I’m happy to help you with that.

First things first, let’s eliminate the obvious:

• Make sure you’re using the correct login credentials: Double-check that you’re entering the right username and password for your Microsoft account.

Now, let’s dive deeper into possible solutions:

1. Cookies and site data: Clearing just the browser cache might not be enough. Try clearing all cookies and site data for Google Chrome. Here’s how:
    a. Open Chrome and go to chrome://settings/clearBrowserData.
    b. Ensure that “Cookies and other site data” is selected and set the time range to “All time.”
    c. Click “Clear data” and then restart Chrome.

2. Sign-out from Microsoft services on Chrome: Sometimes, a previous login can interfere with your current login attempt. Sign out from any Microsoft services you might be logged in to:
    a. Go to any Microsoft service like Outlook or OneDrive.
    b. Click on your profile picture in the top right corner.
    c. Select “Sign out.”

3. Disable any Microsoft-related extensions: Extensions can sometimes cause conflicts. Try disabling any Microsoft-related extensions on Chrome:
    a. Go to chrome://extensions/.
    b. Identify any Microsoft-related extensions like the Microsoft account extension.
    c. Click the toggle switch to disable them. Restart Chrome before attempting to log in again.

4. Try incognito mode: This will help you rule out if an extension is causing the issue:
    a. Open Chrome in incognito mode by pressing Ctrl + Shift + N on Windows or Cmd + Shift + N on a Mac.
    b. Attempt to log in to your Microsoft account. If it works in incognito mode, an extension might be the culprit.

5. Reinstall Google Chrome: If none of the above steps work, it might be a good idea to reinstall Google Chrome:
    a. Uninstall Google Chrome from your computer.
    b. Download and install the latest version from the official Google Chrome website.

If none of these steps resolve your issue, you can try resetting Chrome’s settings to their default values or seek further assistance from Microsoft support.

Hope this helps