Lost Internet Connection After Installing KB5039212 Update

After installing the KB5039212 update, my Wi-Fi internet connection shows "Secured, No Internet". I've tried restarting my PC and network adapter, forgetting the Wi-Fi network and reconnecting, updating my Wi-Fi drivers, and rebooting my router, but none of these steps have worked.

Other devices on the same Wi-Fi network are working fine, and I can access the internet on this Windows 11 machine using my phone's hotspot, so I know my Wi-Fi card is functioning properly.

I've seen similar threads suggesting to roll back the driver or use System Restore, but I've tried both without success. Downgrading the driver didn't fix the issue, and I don't have any System Restore points prior to the KB update installation. The only available point is from after I updated my drivers, which was after the KB install. I'm not sure why earlier points aren't available.

Can anyone assist me with this issue?

Hey there, sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your internet connection after the KB5039212 update. I’ve got a few more steps you can try to get you back online.

First, let’s try to disable and re-enable the Wi-Fi adapter. Sometimes, this simple step can resolve connectivity issues. Here’s how to do it:

1. Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
  2. In the Device Manager, expand the Network Adapters section.
  3. Right-click on your Wi-Fi adapter and select Disable device.
  4. Wait for 10-15 seconds and then enable it again.

If that doesn’t work, let’s try to reset the TCP/IP stack. This can sometimes resolve issues with your internet connection. Here’s how to do it:

1. Open Command Prompt as an administrator. To do this, press the Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. Type the following commands, pressing Enter after each one:
    netsh int ip reset
    netsh winsock reset
    netsh advfirewall reset

If you’re still having trouble, let’s try to uninstall the KB5039212 update. This might be a bit more involved, but it’s worth a shot. Here’s how to do it:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
  2. Click on Update & Security.
  3. Click on View update history.
  4. Click on Uninstall updates.
  5. Find the KB5039212 update in the list and click Uninstall.

If none of these steps work, you might want to consider performing a clean boot to start Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. This can help you identify if a specific driver or service is causing the issue. Here’s how to do it:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
  2. Type msconfig and press Enter.
  3. In the System Configuration window, click on the Services tab.
  4. Check the box next to Hide all Microsoft services.
  5. Click Disable all.
  6. Click Apply and then OK.
  7. Restart your PC.

Let me know if any of these steps help you resolve the issue. If you’re still having trouble, feel free to provide more details, and I’ll do my best to assist you further.