Locked out of Windows account after VPN use

A user set up a new PC and temporarily used a UK-based VPN to access Netflix. After turning it off, they got locked out of their account. The issue is that they're physically located in Asia, specifically the Philippines.

Is there a way to get support for this situation?

The Account Recovery Form only deals with password recovery, but the user can't access their Microsoft accounts due to constant blocking.

Yeah, I’ve seen this issue before. It’s a real pain when Microsoft’s security measures get a bit too aggressive!

Here’s what’s likely happening: when you used a UK-based VPN, your Windows account was flagged for suspicious activity due to the sudden change in location. Since you’re physically in the Philippines, the system thinks someone might be trying to access your account from a different region.

To get support for this situation, you can try the following steps:

1. Contact Microsoft Support directly: You can reach out to Microsoft Support via phone or chat. They should be able to assist you in resolving the issue. Make sure to have your account information and details about the VPN usage ready.

2. Use the ‘I forgot my password’ option: Although the Account Recovery Form is primarily for password recovery, you can try using the ‘I forgot my password’ option to trigger a password reset. This might help Microsoft’s system recognize that you’re the legitimate account owner.

3. Wait it out: In some cases, Microsoft’s security systems might automatically unblock the account after a certain period, usually 24 hours or so. If you’re not in a hurry, you can try waiting it out and see if the issue resolves itself.

4. Provide additional verification information: If you have access to the email associated with your Microsoft account, you might receive an email from Microsoft requesting additional verification information. Make sure to respond to that email and provide the required details.

5. Check your account activity: Review your account activity to ensure there are no other suspicious login attempts or changes that might be triggering the block.

Remember to stay patient and cooperative when dealing with Microsoft Support. They should be able to help you resolve the issue and regain access to your account.

Good luck, and let me know if you need further assistance