Laptop Battery: 0% Available (Plugged In)

I have an HP ZBook 14u G5 laptop that suddenly got stuck on "Battery status: 0% available (plugged in)".

I recently installed Windows 11, hoping the operating system would fix the issue, but no luck.

I even performed a factory reset, but that didn't work either.

I've searched extensively on Google and tried various solutions (updating the BIOS, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, among others), but nothing has worked so far...

Please help!

Hey there, I totally understand your frustration with the battery issue on your HP ZBook 14u G5 laptop. First of all, let’s go through some troubleshooting steps to see if we can fix this:

Hardware Diagnostics: Run a hardware diagnostic test on your battery and charger using these steps:

1. Shut down your laptop.
  2. Hold the power button for at least five seconds.
  3. Turn on the laptop and immediately press the Esc key repeatedly until you see the menu.
  4. Press F2 to access the Component Tests menu.
  5. From this menu, click on Power Source and then Run once to test both the battery and charger simultaneously.

Disable and Reinstall Driver: Try uninstalling and reinstalling the battery driver:

1. Open Device Manager (Press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager).
  2. Expand the Batteries section.
  3. Right-click on each battery driver and select Uninstall.
  4. Restart your laptop to automatically reinstall the drivers.

UPDATE BIOS: Ensure you have the latest BIOS update for your laptop from the HP Support Site.

Battery Calibration:

1. Run a Battery Check in HP Support Assistant.
  2. Calibrate your battery:
    • Charge it to 100%.
    • Unplug the power adapter and let it drain to 0%.
    • Charge it back up to 100%.
    • Repeat this process a few times.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may want to consider contacting HP support directly for further assistance or possibly replacing the battery if the health check indicates it’s faulty.

Keep me updated on how these steps work out. Good luck with the fix