Keyboard and Mouse Unresponsive During Boot-Up

I'm having trouble with my mouse and keyboard - they're not responding at this menu. I've tried all possible solutions, including unplugging and replugging them.

Hey, I see you’re having trouble with your mouse and keyboard not responding during boot-up on Windows 10. That can be super frustrating. Let’s break it down and see what we can do to fix this.

First things first, have you tried the obvious stuff?

1. Restart Your PC: This will refresh the drivers if updates have recently been made.
  2. Check for Updates: Ensure your PC is up to date by going to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. If you don’t have a Surface device, check with your manufacturer too.
  3. Power Cycle: Turn the mouse or keyboard off and on again. If that doesn’t work, the batteries might be low, so replace or recharge them.

If these simple steps don’t help, let’s dig deeper.

1. Front and Back USB Ports: If you’re using a wired connection, try plugging into different USB ports on the same computer. Sometimes, the front and back ports have different USB controllers.
  2. BIOS Settings: Ensure the boot device priority is correct. You can do this by hitting the BIOS key (usually F1 for Lenovo) as the machine boots up, or navigate there through Windows.
  3. Safe Mode: Boot into safe mode and disable all startup programs. Then, reinstall keyboard and mouse drivers. If the problem persists, there might be a deeper issue.

Lastly, considering your motherboard/cpu went out and you replaced it, it’s possible the problem lies within the operating system.

1. Reinstall Windows 10: If all else fails, you might need to bite the bullet and reinstall Windows 10. I know it’s not what you want to do, especially since you have programs and files you can’t replace, but sometimes it’s the only way forward.

Give these steps a shot and let me know if you need more help or have any other questions.