iPhone Mail App Login Issue

I'm having trouble logging in to my email account on my iPhone's Mail app. The error message says: "The IMAP server "imap-mail.outlook.com" doesn't support Password authentication. Please check your account settings and try again."

When I try switching to POP, it claims my account or password is incorrect, which is not the case. Then, it says "cannot connect using SSL". I've been using the Mail app without issues for years, but now it's not working. Can someone help me resolve this problem?

Hey there, I’d be happy to help you troubleshoot the issue with your iPhone Mail app.

It sounds like Microsoft might have changed something on their end, as you’ve been using the Mail app without issues for years. Here’s what you can try to resolve the problem:

Check Your Outlook Settings

1. Go to the Outlook website and log in to your account using a web browser.
  2. Click on your profile picture or avatar in the top right corner, then select “View account”.
  3. Scroll down to the “Security info” section and ensure that “App passwords” are turned off. If they’re on, toggle them off.

Mail App Configuration
For IMAP:

1. Go back to your iPhone’s Mail app and delete your Outlook account.
  2. Re-add your Outlook account, making sure to select “IMAP” as the account type.
  3. For the incoming mail server, enter “imap-mail.outlook.com” and for the outgoing mail server, enter “smtp-mail.outlook.com”.
  4. Make sure the username and password are correct.

For POP:

1. If you want to use POP, try setting it up again with the following servers:

Additional Troubleshooting

1. Ensure you have the latest iOS version installed on your iPhone.
  2. Restart your iPhone and try logging in again.
  3. If none of the above works, try removing your Outlook account from the Mail app and re-adding it.

Let me know if any of these steps help resolve the issue