Invalid Product Key: Unable to Activate

I got a 1-year Microsoft Personal Subscription with a device I bought. When I tried to use it, it didn't work, saying the key is invalid. But there's no expiration date on the packaging.

Sounds like a frustrating situation Let’s troubleshoot this together.

First, let’s confirm a few things:

• Did you receive the product key on a physical card or is it written somewhere on the device’s packaging?
  • Have you tried signing in to your Microsoft account to see if the subscription is linked?

Assuming you’ve got the product key handy, here’s what you can do:

1. Check the product key for typos: It’s easy to make a mistake when entering the key. Double-check each character, ensuring there are no mistakes.
  2. Verify the subscription status: Sign in to your Microsoft account (account.microsoft.com) and check your subscription status. If it’s not showing up, you might need to redeem the key.
  3. Redeem the key: Go to microsoft.com/redeem and enter the product key. Follow the prompts to link it to your Microsoft account.
  4. Activate Office: Open any Office application (like Word or Excel), and you’ll be prompted to sign in with your Microsoft account. If you’re still having issues, try activating Office manually:
    a. Open an Office app.
    b. Click File > Account.
    c. Click Activate.
    d. Sign in with your Microsoft account and enter the product key.
  5. Contact Microsoft Support: If none of the above steps work, it’s possible there’s an issue with the product key or subscription. Reach out to Microsoft Support, and they’ll help you resolve the issue.

Let me know if any of these steps help, or if you need further assistance