Inserting WebP URL Images in Microsoft Word for Email

I'm having an issue where I can't add a URL image in webp format using the mailing option. I've downloaded the webp extension, which works with webp images from my PC. I've also tested mailing with a jpg URL image and it works fine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey there,

I understand you’re having trouble inserting a WebP URL image in Microsoft Word for email. That’s a pretty specific issue. Here’s what I think might be going on:

You’ve downloaded the WebP extension, which allows you to work with WebP images locally, but it seems like Microsoft Word or the mailing system might not support WebP images for online use. This is probably why your JPG URL works just fine, but the WebP URL doesn’t.

Here are a few things we can try to get this working:

1. Check Microsoft Word’s compatibility: Make sure your version of Microsoft Word supports WebP images. You can check by trying to insert a local WebP image (not a URL). If that doesn’t work, you might need to update your Word version or use a different app.

2. Check your email client: The issue might be with your email client not supporting WebP images. Test by sending an email with the WebP URL image using a different email client or service (like Gmail or Outlook.com).

3. Convert WebP to JPG or PNG: If Word and your email client don’t support WebP URLs, try converting the WebP image to a more widely supported format like JPG or PNG. You can do this using an online image converter tool or a graphics software like Adobe Photoshop.

Let me know if any of these steps help you out.