Incoming emails work, but outgoing emails wont send

I'm having trouble with my Optus Outlook desktop - I can receive emails just fine, but I'm unable to send any. The error message I'm getting has a failure code of 9932.

Hey there Sorry to hear you’re having issues with sending emails from your Optus Outlook desktop. The error code 9932 is quite a mysterious one, but don’t worry, I’ve got some steps to help you out.

First, let’s get down to the most common causes of this issue:

1. Outgoing Server Settings: Double-check your SMTP settings. Ensure the server address, port number, and encryption method match your email provider’s requirements. If you’re not sure, you can contact Optus for the correct settings.

2. Password Updates: If you’ve recently changed your email password, make sure you update the new password in Outlook’s settings for both incoming and outgoing servers.

Now, let’s try some troubleshooting steps:

Troubleshooting Steps

1. Repair Your Account:

• Go to Account Settings > Account Settings.
    • Select your account.
    • Click on Repair.
  2. Delete and Re-Add Account:

• If the above doesn’t work, remove your email account from Outlook and add it again using the manual setup option.
  3. Check for Compatibility Issues:

• Some users have experienced issues with the new Outlook. If you’re using the new Outlook, try switching back to the legacy version to see if it resolves the issue.
  4. IMAP Settings:

• Ensure IMAP is enabled in your email provider’s settings.
  5. Reach Out to Optus Support:

• If none of the above steps work, it might be specific to your Optus account. Contact Optus support to see if there are any known issues or settings that need to be corrected.

Remember, error code 9932 often relates to authentication issues or incorrect outgoing server settings. Hopefully, these steps will get your emails sending again. Good luck