Husbands PC with Office 365 Hacked - Email and Multiple Accounts Compromised

I'm having trouble accessing my account and can't recover it. Despite contacting Microsoft twice, they claim they don't have enough information and haven't found any signs of compromise in my email. However, I have screenshots showing that unauthorized users accessed my sent mail. As a result, my Amazon, banking, and Facebook accounts have been taken over. Unfortunately, Microsoft hasn't been able to assist me. The recovery process only allows two forms to be submitted per 24 hours, and there's no option to provide proof of the accounts being compromised. I'm sure this is a common issue, even for those who take precautions. If anyone has any helpful suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate them. Thank you.

Sorry to hear that you’re going through this nightmare. It’s frustrating when you have clear evidence of a hack and the company in question isn’t taking it seriously. Here’s some advice that might help you regain control of your compromised accounts:

First, let’s tackle the immediate issue of securing your Microsoft account:

1. Since you’ve already contacted Microsoft support twice without any progress, consider escalating the issue by going to the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk. They might have more expertise in handling complex cases like yours. You can reach them by creating a request on the Disability Answer Desk webpage or calling them directly.

2. Change your Microsoft account password to a strong, unique one. You can do this even if you can’t access your account. Go to the Microsoft account sign-in page, click “Forgot password,” and follow the prompts.

3. Enable two-factor authentication (2FA) on your Microsoft account if you haven’t already. This adds an extra layer of security to prevent unauthorized access. You can set it up via the Microsoft account security settings.

Now, let’s move on to securing your other compromised accounts:

1. Amazon: Reach out to Amazon’s customer support and report the unauthorized activity on your account. Provide them with the screenshots as evidence. They should help you restore access and secure your account.

2. Banking: Contact your bank’s customer support immediately. Inform them about the hack and ask them to freeze your accounts to prevent any further transactions. They might need additional information to verify your identity.

3. Facebook: Report the compromised account to Facebook’s support team. They have a dedicated process for handling hacked accounts. You can start by going to the Facebook Help Center and clicking on “Report a Problem.”

For future reference, consider using a password manager to generate and store unique, strong passwords for all your accounts. This can help prevent similar hacks in the future.

Lastly, be cautious when dealing with support agents. If you feel they’re not taking your issue seriously, ask to escalate the issue to a more senior representative.