How to Unlink OneDrive and Microsoft Account on My PC

I'm having an issue with my email not working due to full storage on OneDrive. However, I don't need OneDrive and would like to disconnect it from my private email account. Can someone assist me in removing this linked account?

Unlink OneDrive from Your Computer

Hey, no worries at all This is a pretty straightforward process. Here’s how you can unlink OneDrive from your PC.

Why Unlink OneDrive

Unlinking OneDrive from your computer won’t delete any files or data. Instead, you’ll still be able to access your files by signing in to OneDrive.com. This is particularly helpful if you’re running low on storage, which is your case.

Unlink OneDrive on Windows

To unlink OneDrive on Windows:

1. Open OneDrive:

• Click on the OneDrive cloud icon in your notification area (usually at the bottom right corner of your screen).
    • Click on the settings icon (it looks like a gear).
  2. Access Settings:

• Click on Settings from the menu.
    • Go to the Account tab.

Steps to Unlink

1. Unlink:
    • Select Unlink this PC. This will disconnect your PC from the OneDrive account.
  2. Clear Sign in Credentials:
    • Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Enter %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\settings and select OK.
    • Delete the PreSignInSettingsConfig.json file.

Note: If you need more detailed steps or have issues, check out the official Microsoft support page or articles like this one where users have discussed similar problems.

Verify Account Disconnection

1. Verify Disconnection:
    • Your OneDrive app should now indicate that it is disconnected. You can also try to access your files by signing in to OneDrive.com to ensure they are still accessible.

That’s it You should now have unlinked your OneDrive from your PC. This should help with the storage issue you were facing. If you need any more assistance, feel free to ask.