How to Install Microsofts Game Service App?

I recently purchased Forza Motorsport 2023 from Steam, not the Microsoft store. After installing and launching the game, it takes a while to load and then stops with an error message.

When I click "OK", I'm prompted to download the Microsoft game service, which takes me to a page where I'm stuck. Despite the game being listed as installed in the "Libraries" tab, I can't open, uninstall, or use it.

I believe this application is necessary to launch the game, so I'd appreciate any help in figuring out how to use it to get the game running.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this technical issue.

Hey there If you’re having issues with the Microsoft game service app, I’d be happy to help you out. Here’s the step-by-step guide to get you back on track:

Why do you need the Microsoft game service app?
Before we dive into the solution, it’s essential to understand why you need the Microsoft game service app. This application acts as a middleware, allowing your Forza Motorsport 2023 game to communicate with Microsoft’s services and servers. Without it, you won’t be able to launch the game.

Uninstall any previously attempted installations
Before you start, ensure you’ve uninstalled any previous attempts to install the Microsoft game service app. This will prevent any potential conflicts:

1. Open the Add or remove programs section in your Windows settings.
  2. Look for any instances of Microsoft game service or Xbox app in the list.
  3. Click Uninstall on the relevant entries.

Download and install the Microsoft game service app correctly
Here’s how to download and install the Microsoft game service app:

1. Clear browser cache and cookies: Ensure your browser cache and cookies are cleared to avoid any interference.
  2. Visit the Microsoft Xbox app download page.
  3. Click the Get or Download button to initiate the download.
  4. Once the download completes, run the installer.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the app.

Launch the Xbox app and sign in

1. Launch the Xbox app after installation.
  2. Sign in to your Microsoft account using the same credentials you use for the Microsoft Store or Xbox services.
  3. You might be prompted to agree to some terms or set up some basic settings.

Launch Forza Motorsport 2023 from the Xbox app

1. Open the Xbox app.
  2. Find Forza Motorsport 2023 in your games library.
  3. Click Launch or Play to start the game.

If you’ve followed these steps correctly, you should be able to launch Forza Motorsport 2023 without any issues. If you still encounter errors, you might want to consider resetting the game’s cache or reinstalling the game itself.