How Long Until Microsoft Account Restriction is Lifted?

When I tried to redeem points for a reward, I received an error message. I'm concerned about how long it will take to regain access to my account. I've heard that some people have waited a month or more without being able to get back in. I think Microsoft Rewards mistakenly flagged my account for unusual activity, which is causing the issue. My account currently displays the warning "Unusual search activity may limit your ability to earn points". I believe this is an error and would like to resolve the issue as quickly as possible to regain access to my account.

Hey there, Sounds like a frustrating issue!

First, take a deep breath. Microsoft account restrictions can be a real pain, but there are steps you can take to resolve this.

Step 1: Check Your Account for Suspicious Activity
Log in to your Microsoft account and review recent activity. Make sure there’s no unauthorized access or suspicious behavior that might have triggered the flag. If you notice anything unusual, change your password immediately and enable two-factor authentication (2FA) if you haven’t already.

Step 2: Verify Your Account Information
Double-check that your account info is up-to-date and accurate. Ensure your email, phone number, and other details are correct. This will help Microsoft’s system recognize you as the legitimate account owner.

Step 3: Submit a Support Request
File a support ticket with Microsoft explaining the situation. Provide as much detail as possible, including the error message and your account status. Be clear that you believe it’s an error and you’re not engaging in any suspicious activity. You can do this through the Microsoft Support website or the Microsoft Rewards dashboard.

Step 4: Wait Patiently (But Not Too Patiently)
Microsoft will review your case and respond accordingly. This might take a few days to a few weeks, depending on their workload. If you don’t hear back within two weeks, consider following up with another support request or reaching out to their social media teams for assistance.

Additional Tips

• Avoid making excessive changes to your account settings or passwords during this time, as this might raise more flags.
  • Keep an eye on your email for any updates or requests from Microsoft Support.
  • If you’re unable to access your account, try using a different browser or device to see if the issue is browser-specific.

Remember, Microsoft’s support team is there to help. Stay calm, and with a bit of persistence, you should be able to resolve this issue and regain access to your account.

Good luck, and let us know if you need further assistance