How Do I Re-link My Phone Number to My Account?

I have a Microsoft Rewards account and I know I need a phone number linked to my account to redeem prizes. I had a number linked, but I removed it. Now I want to link this phone number to my account again, but when I try, it says it's not possible to link this alias to my account. What can I do to resolve this?

Re-linking a phone number to your Microsoft Rewards account can be a bit finicky if you’ve removed it before, but don’t worry, I’m here to help!

The error message saying it’s not possible to link the alias to your account might indicate that the particular phone number is still linked to your old account, even though you removed it. Here’s what you can try:

Step 1: Ensure You’ve Completely Removed the Previous Link

1. Log in to your Microsoft Rewards account.
  2. Go to the settings or account management section.
  3. Double-check that the phone number is not listed as a linked alias. If it is, remove it again.

Step 2: Wait for a Short Cooling-Off Period

1. Give it at least 24-48 hours before attempting to re-link the phone number. This allows the system to fully process the previous removal.

Step 3: Re-link the Phone Number

1. Log in to your Microsoft Rewards account again.
  2. Go to the settings or account management section.
  3. Click on the option to add a new phone number.
  4. Enter the phone number you want to link, and follow the verification process.

If you’ve done all this and still encounter issues, you might need to reach out to Microsoft Support directly. They can help you figure out what’s going on and possibly resolve the issue manually.

Remember to keep an eye on the email associated with your Microsoft Rewards account, as you might receive additional instructions or verification emails during this process. Good luck, and happy redeeming