GTA 4 Wont Launch

This is what I get when I try to launch GTA IV, need help

Hey there Sorry to hear GTA IV isn’t launching for you. That’s super frustrating!

First, let’s try some basic troubleshooting steps to see if we can get it up and running:

1. Check for updates: Make sure your Windows 10 is fully updated. Sometimes, a simple Windows update can resolve issues like this.
  2. Verify game files: Open Steam (if you’re using it), go to your game library, right-click on GTA IV, and select “Properties.” In the “Local Files” tab, click “Verify Integrity of Game Files.” This will check for any corrupted files and replace them if needed.
  3. Run as admin: Try running the game as an administrator. Right-click on the GTA IV executable (usually in C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV.exe), select “Properties,” and under the “Compatibility” tab, check the box next to “Run this program as an administrator.”

If none of the above steps work, let’s dive a bit deeper:

Next, I’d like you to check the Event Viewer for any errors related to GTA IV. Here’s how:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
  2. Type eventvwr and press Enter.
  3. In the Event Viewer, navigate to “Windows Logs” > “Application.”
  4. Look for any error messages related to GTA IV or Rockstar Games around the time you tried to launch the game.

If you find any errors, please share the details with me, and I’ll do my best to help you troubleshoot further.

Lastly, if you’ve recently installed any new software or drivers, try uninstalling them to see if they’re causing a conflict.

Let me know if any of these steps help, or if you need further assistance