Gmail Tasks Not Syncing with Outlooks To-Do List

Hello,

I'm using a Gmail account as my primary email, which is also linked to my Microsoft account. I've created tasks in Microsoft To Do using this account, but they're not showing up in Outlook.

I also have a work email address that syncs with Outlook without any issues, and I can create tasks with it.

My Gmail address is set as the main account in Outlook.

Thanks!

Hey there,

Thanks for providing the details of your issue with Gmail tasks not syncing with your Outlook To-Do list. I’m here to help you figure out what’s going on.

First, let’s cover the basics to rule out any simple issues:

1. Make sure your Gmail account is properly linked to your Microsoft account.
    • Check that the email address you’re using is the same across both platforms.
  2. Ensure that both accounts are actively synced with Outlook.

Now, let’s dive a bit deeper into the setup:

Check the OneDrive Connection

1. Open Outlook.
  2. Click on “File” then “Account Settings”.
  3. Select your Gmail account, and at the bottom left, you should see “OneDrive Settings”.
    • Ensure that OneDrive syncing is turned on. If it’s off, it might be blocking the task sync.
    • If you’re using a work email account, you can try comparing the OneDrive settings between the two accounts to see if there are any differences.

Check the Task Sync in Outlook

1. Open Outlook.
  2. Click on “Tasks”.
  3. Ensure that task syncing is enabled in Settings.
    • Right-click on the “Tasks” toolbar, select “View Settings”, and check if “Sync tasks” is selected.

If these steps don’t help, we might need to explore other possible causes, such as any specific security or permission restrictions on your Gmail or Microsoft accounts.