Getting Started with Microsoft Teams

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my Microsoft Office Account on a Mac computer.

When using Teams, it doesn't detect my presence even after sending a chat message, and my status remains 'Away'.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the problem persists.

Does anyone have a solution?

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you’re having some trouble with your Microsoft Teams on your Mac. It can be frustrating when it doesn’t detect your presence correctly. Since you’ve already tried reinstalling, let’s dive into some other potential solutions:

1. Check Your Internet Connection: Make sure your Mac has a stable internet connection. Try restarting your router, modem, or any other device affecting your network. This will ensure Teams can properly communicate with the servers.

2. Microsoft Teams Update: Ensure you’re running the latest version of Microsoft Teams. Open Teams, then go to Help > Check for updates. If there’s an update available, install it and see if that resolves the issue.

3. Disable and Re-enable Teams in Microsoft Office: Sometimes, simply disabling and re-enabling Teams within Office can resolve the problem. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open Microsoft Office.
    2. Go to Microsoft Office Preferences.
    3. Click Connected Services.
    4. Uncheck Microsoft Teams.
    5. Click OK to save the changes.
    6. Follow the same steps again and re-enable Microsoft Teams.
  4. Reset Microsoft Teams: Resetting Teams might get it to recognize your presence correctly again. Follow these steps:

1. Open Finder.
    2. Go to Applications.
    3. Find Microsoft Teams and right-click (or Control + click) on it.
    4. Select Get Info.
    5. Delete the folders labeled Local Storage, Cache, and UnoCache under the Microsoft Teams application package.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you might want to consider reaching out to Microsoft Support directly, as there might be a specific problem with your account or a server-side issue.

Hope these suggestions help