Freeing Up Space in My Microsoft 365 Account

I bought extra storage for my Microsoft account a while back, adding 200 GB. Later, I got a Microsoft 365 subscription, which comes with 1 TB of storage. Now, I see I have a total of 1.2 TB. However, I'm still paying for both the subscription and the extra 200 GB storage monthly. Since I'm only using around 300 GB, can I cancel the extra storage without losing any files?

Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered!

First things first, you don’t have to worry about losing any files if you cancel the extra 200 GB storage. Here’s why:

• You have a Microsoft 365 subscription that includes 1 TB of storage.
  • The extra 200 GB storage you purchased initially is in addition to the 1 TB you get with your subscription.

So, you’re paying for both right now, which is unnecessary considering you’re only using 300 GB. Here’s what you should do:

1. Cancel the extra 200 GB storage:

• Go to your Microsoft account settings.
    • Look for the Storage section.
    • You should see the extra 200 GB storage you purchased separately.
    • Click on ‘Manage’ next to it.
    • Follow the steps to cancel the subscription for the extra storage.
  2. Verify your available storage:

• After cancelling the extra storage, go back to your Microsoft account settings.
    • Check the Storage section again to see that you now only have the 1 TB storage included with your Microsoft 365 subscription.

By doing this, you’ll save money on the extra storage you’re not using, and you won’t lose any files because they’re all within the 1 TB limit of your Microsoft 365 subscription.

That’s it Hope this helps