Forza Horizon 4: Already Owned, But Forced to Repurchase?

I'm having an issue with Forza Horizon 4. I uninstalled the game, but when I went to reinstall it from the library, it was no longer there. The store is now asking me to purchase it again, despite having proof of my original purchase. I've seen others with the same problem, but none of the suggested solutions have worked for me. Any help would be appreciated.

So you’re saying you had Forza Horizon 4 installed, uninstalled it, and now you can’t find it in your library? That’s pretty frustrating. Here’s what you can try:

First, double-check that you’re signed into the same Xbox account that you used to purchase the game originally. Sometimes, if you’re signed into a different account, it can cause issues like this.

Next, try checking your order history to see if the game is listed there. Go to the Xbox Store, click on your profile picture, and then select “Order History.” If you see Forza Horizon 4 listed, it might give you an option to redownload it.

If that doesn’t work, try reaching out to Xbox Support. They might be able to assist you in resolving the issue. You can contact them through the Xbox website or through the Xbox app on your console.

Another thing you can do is try reinstalling the game from a different device. If you have access to another Xbox or a Windows 10 PC, try downloading the game there and see if it shows up in your library.

Here are the steps to follow if you want to try that:

1. Sign into the Xbox app on your PC or other Xbox console.
  2. Go to the Microsoft Store and search for Forza Horizon 4.
  3. Click on the game, and then click the “Install” button.
  4. Wait for the game to download and install.
  5. Go back to your original Xbox console and check if the game is now available in your library.

If none of these solutions work, it’s possible that there’s an issue with your account or the game’s licensing. In that case, you might need to escalate the issue to Xbox Support and they can investigate further.

I hope one of these solutions helps you get your game back